Who We Are
Lighthouse Baptist Church is an independent, Bible believing Baptist church.
Independent because we believe that each church should be self-governing. We are not part of a denominational structure but rather fellowship and cooperate with other churches of like faith and practice for the furtherance of the Gospel and establishing and strengthening of other churches around the globe.
Bible Believing – We hold the Authorized or King James Version of the Bible to be the preserved Word of God for the English speaking people. As such, we do not correct or sit in judgment of the Scripture, but rather seek to let it correct and sit in judgment of us and our behavior.
Baptist – Because we hold to the historic position of literal acceptance of the teachings of the Scripture regarding the fundamentals of the faith. These include, but are not limited to,
- The Divine Authorship and Preservation of God’s Word.
- The literal, historical accuracy of all parts of the Bible, inclusive of the first three chapters of Genesis.
- The virgin birth and sinless life of Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus Christ, the Word, is literally God in the flesh.
- That our one true God has and does express Himself in a threefold way commonly known at the Trinity or the Godhead. He shows Himself as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus literally died for our sins, was buried and rose again from the dead as stated in the Scripture. As a testimony to this truth we baptize by full immersion those who give testimony to having fully trusted Christ as their Saviour.
- Salvation is fully of grace and not of the works of man and we have access to that grace by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Further we believe that after Jesus ascended back to heaven God came to indwell believers in the form of the Holy Spirit (also referred to as the Holy Ghost).
- We also believe in a literal heaven, the final abode of the truly saved and a literal hell, the final torment of those who die without Christ.
- Jesus is literally coming again. First for His own and then with His own. This is our “Blessed Hope” and sure inheritance as the people of God.
Church – This is the word Jesus used, “upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it”. We believe a church to be a called out assembly of baptized believers dedicated to learning and living the Bible. We believe the Pastor to be the shepherd of the church under the authority of the “Great Shepherd”, Jesus Christ. Further we hold the church to be the earthly body of Christ as is clearly stated in Romans 12:4 and 5, I Corinthians chapter 12 verse 12 and following. Ephesians chapter 1 verses 22 and 23 and chapter 5 verse 30 as well as Colossians 1:24. As such, members of the church are to learn to minister to and edify one another in love – Ephesians 4:16.
As a church, we are committed to obedience to the Bible in the two main components of our public services, namely, our preaching / teaching as well as our music,
- Preaching – “Preach the word, be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine” II Timothy 4:2. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen” Matthew 28:19, 20.
- Music – “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” Colossians 3:16.